To our valued patients,
We are writing to let you know that we are closely monitoring Corona (Covid-19) virus situation and we are acting accordingly to the advice provided by the Department of Health and The Australian Podiatry Association.
Our clinics treat patients of many ages with various health conditions, we are treating this seriously. We love what we do and love seeing clients, so we are doing what we can to continue our work!
As a health care provider, we are required to maintain an environment that is clean and free from bacteria and viruses. This is part of normal daily practice to prevent any harm to our patients or practitioners.
- All Patient surfaces are cleaned in between patients as per regulation
- Instruments in contact with patients are sterilised and/or single use
- Practitioners wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as per regulation
- Our waiting room chairs and surfaces are regularly cleaned and disinfected
- Anti-microbial hand gel is provided in clinic for all to use.
- Protective masks can be provided and gloves where requested by patients.
As you are aware, extra precautions are being asked of everyone to maintain that health standards are maintained and to prevent the risk of infection for everyone.
This is why we ask you as patients to do the following:
- Carefully and regularly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- When sneezing or coughing- cover your mouth and nose, then dispose of tissue and wash your hands or apply a hand sanitiser
- Avoid touching your face while in clinic and avoid handshakes with other clients and podiatrists.
We would like you to please contact our staff and to reschedule your appointment for
another time, If,
- You have cold or flu like symptoms
- You or someone that you have been in contact with has recently diagnosed with Covid-19
- Have recently traveled to China, Iran, Republic of Korea, Italy or any country with a AHPPC travel restriction warning.
- Have received medical advice that you should remain in quarantine.
We are doing all of the above for the safety of our clients, the health practitioners working and the greater Canberra community.
Please contact our clinics if you have any further questions
Ricky Lee – Podiatrist and Director
The Walking Clinic.